Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best Filemaker Server 7 configuration

This topic is 7273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

We want to buy new server to host our solution and make it available via internet to our customers (web page & client-server).

We are currently translate our existing FMP6 file to FMP7.

well, should we choose Mac vs Win, single-dual CPU, etc...

Tks

Current versions of FM Server won't take advantage of multi-processors but FM Server 7 is supposed to. I would say you get better performance with a windows box but that is based on my experience. That is just my opinion, others may say otherwise.

John

Get whichever platform you have more experience with. I haven't seen performance comparisons of version 7, but for version 5.5, both OS X and Windows were equal.

The system requirements for Server 7 are pretty demanding, and should give you an idea of the basic needs this version has. It can take advantage of lots of RAM and multiple processors. And hard drive speed is a factor that has always been important. So whatever you get, don't skimp.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering :

Can you set some FileMaker 7 Server Advanced --> WPE to access to 2 FileMaker 7 Server Databases ?

Example : 1 machine with Web Server and WPE --> Access to 2 machines with both a FileMaker 7 Server running differents database ?

This topic is 7273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.