trof file plug-in error codes

This topic is 7314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i am trying to copy a file from my local drive to a network drive. I have two buttons- a BROWSE button that allows you to choose the local path of the file ( this works fine, because I can see the path results in field.) The other button is a SEND button, that executes the TrFile-CopyFile function. When I click the SEND button I get "$$5" returned to my status field. I have yet to find any documenation on what "$$5" means.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Could it be $$-5000 Insufficient access privileges or $$-50 Parameter error?

Does your script look something like this:

Set Field[gErrorCode, External("TrFile-CopyFile", gSourceFilePath & "|" & gDestFilePath )]

My script follows:

Set Field["protocolTransferStatus", External("TrFile-CopyFile", protocolLocalPath & "|" & "C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsnetworkDriveForPdfs")]

I am thinking that I can just copy the file previously chosen from my TrFile-Get FileSpecDialog function to the above path.

Thanks

Alright, I worked with it some more and managed to get the drive letter (z:) returned to a global field after using the TrFile-MountDisk function. Now i am getting error code $$123 ( never seen this one either and its not in the TroiFile docs)

here is my new script line that is throwing my error:

Set Field["protocolTransferStatus", "External("TrFile-CopyFile", protocolLocalPath & "|" & protocolTransferStatus)"]

thanks for the help

You've got one field for your local path, and one for calling the function. Why don't you make life easy and create one more global for your destination path, and use the FileSpec To FullPath function so you can see what's going on.

Yeah, that 's what I had to do. I got it all worked out. I didn't realize that I had to name the file that I want to copy. I figured that the filename would just carry over - this is not the case.

i did setup two global fields to help me debug. Thanks.

This topic is 7314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.