Anyone using E-Authorize from Waves in Motion?

This topic is 7295 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A non-profit group I develop for is considering this as a means of doing conference registrations (processing credit cards). The need for this ability is only for 3 days each year..but the number of registrations during that time is fairly substantial.

I would love to hear from others that have used this plugin. I own a couple of Wavesin Motion plugins and I have NOT been overly impressed with their service or tech support. I don't want to buy a lemon.

Impressions anyone?

Their tech support is the pits...stay away. I used E-Authorize, which worked after about 1 month of pestering them. They came out with a new version which I couldn't make work and I couldn't go back to the old version. They blamed the bank, Verisign, etc. but it was their problem. I finally wrote my own (not really a plugin...no C++), which for Versign is pretty easy since they have an SDK that does almost the whole thing.

Steve

Steve

Thanks for the feedback...I have also not had great luck with their service....Could you tell me more about the solution you developed? I am completely a newbie at point of sale type of credit card processing....how can I obtain the SDK? How hard was it to modify? I assume it is secure....etc.

Thanks again for the quick feedback.

Greg

The SDK is available from Verisign's Web Site for free. Their documentation is also good, and their tech support was helpful. I would imagine that the other credit card processing companies also have SDK's that will establish communications with their servers.

The Verisign SDK essentially is a .EXE that you can pass command line parameters to. It establishes a secure link to the Verisign server. The string that you need to create is fairly simple: name, credit card #, expiration date, etc.

I created a simple WinBatch program to build up the parameters (the string above plus a set of values that never change like my login codes to the Verisign server). I then execute the WinBatch pgm and wait for an answer inside of an FM loop.

Steve

This topic is 7295 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.