How to publish database online?

This topic is 7234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I am new to File Maker and I am using FileMaker Pro 5.0V1. Can anyone please advice me on publishing of database on web. Is it possible with the version which I have? If so ,How? If not which is the version which supports this feature?

Regards

To serve Pro 5.x on the web you will need the Unlimited version.

You should have the latest updaters and WC from FileMaker's website.

For site development you will find the CDML Reference Database useful/invaluable. Search the CDML forums for threads of that title. At least one will provide the appropriate link to the FM site for that.

Bon chance

Hi, roshen! There shoud be plenty of detailed posts about this in the FORUMS, but basically, you can only publish to a relatively few number of people unless you have Unlimited as Unable has said. If you are only interested in publishing for yourself or a small group internal website, you can open the db using regular FMP client, enable and configure Web Companion, share the db, and visit your IP address in a browser.

--ST

p.s. FileMaker has been able to web publish since FMP 4.0. The latest version, FMP 7.0, has changed this somewhat, however. Read the manual as Garry suggests and find out the difference between Instant Web Publishing and Custom Web Publishing... the latter is no longer offered in 7 standard client.

This topic is 7234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.