Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP opening screen

This topic is 7251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks jfmcel

That works fine. The only problem is if you click the cancel button in the password dialog it defaults back to the Fmp homepage, I guess I can live with that. Like Mick always said "You can't always get what you want, but you get what you need"

Hi, WingNut! I don't have FMP7 but I remember helping someone w/something similar (gahh! I have big mouth... I couldn't find the thread!). Anyway, it's pretty much the same thing as jfmcel's advice, but the person was able to create a regular custom HTML page, select that as the default home page for Web Companion, and then either put a regular link or META REFRESH to the appropriate URL. This way, if someone CANCELS, they'll end up at your custom home page instead of the unwanted default.

In FMP4-6, it's as easy to do as putting the desired HTML page in the Web folder and then selecting it in the Web Companion configuration area. This was an option even if you did not use Custom Web Publishing. I hope they did not elminate this option entirely in FMP7!!

--ST

Hmm.. maybe it's overkill but you could probably change the PORT for Instant Web Publishing to something like :591 and just use Mac OS X's Apache web serving on :80 to get visitors to the site and then transfer them to the FileMaker stuff, eh?

--ST

The fm iwp home page is located at

filemakerpro7/extensions/websupport/resource/iwpres/iwp_home.html

rename the iwp_home.html to iwp_home_old.html and build a new page named iwp_home.html that redirects you back to wherever you want.

Stu

Hi Stu,

I tryed to locate filemakerpro7/extensions/websupport/resource/iwpres/iwp_home.html.

I can only get as far as filemakerpro7/extensions/websupport, after that there is only an app called FM web Publishing and a document called Web Prefs, I tryed to look for the rest of the files as invisables with no luck. Should I use Resourcer to find and edit the "iwp_home.html" file ?

Thanks Jeff

I am using Panther on OSX, I will check to see if the path works in FMP7 on XP also

Hmmm?:)

I easily followed the path in Xp and it was right there as you said. I looked every where on the mac still nada.

well I guess I'll need to switch my server to XP. ******* this is why so many computers are sold LOL

Thanks for all your help Stu

Jeff

" there is only an app called FM web Publishing"

It's not an application, it's a package. Control-click on the icon and choose "Show Package Contents" from the menu.

Resources as we knew them in MacOS 9 and earlier are no more in OS X.

Thank you very much Vaughan,

Too many OSes not enough time to explore them all properly. My brain is slowly turning to

mush yay.gif. Its been a long road since Mac system 6.5 and Dos to where we are now.

Cheers Mate

This topic is 7251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.