Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Two Portals on one Table

Joseph31

This topic is 7256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is the situation:

3 tables: "Main", "Policies" and "Welcome"

Relationships:

Main::MainID -> Policies::Rel_MainID

Welcome::Policy_Status -> Policies::Policy_Status

What I already have is on the "Welcome" Table I have a portal that is related to the policy_Status field...I mad a radio button for my choices...This portal brings up all names with the choice selected. This works great...I give credit to everybody who helped me... smile.gif

Now, I would like to make another portal on the same table ("Welcome") Now every time I do this what I need does not happen. frown.gif

I would like a portal that is not related to the first portal at all.. I would like it to display Insurds_Status for me...

I have tried this relationship: Welcome::Insur_Status -> Main::Insur_Status

Can anyone give me a direction to go in?

I have purchased some FM7 books and they just do not describe this for me?

Thanks

Joseph

Joseph31 said:

Now every time I do this what I need does not happen. frown.gif

I would like a portal that is not related to the first portal at all.. I would like it to display Insurds_Status for me...

I have tried this relationship: Welcome::Insur_Status -> Main::Insur_Status

Can anyone give me a direction to go in?

You say that your desired result is not happening, but not what *is* happening. You set up a portal for the relationship you describe and... what happens? Its rows are blank?

Have you learned about how indexing affects whether relationships can work? If the Main table's Insur_Status field is a calculation (or has a field type different from the Insur_Status field in Welcome), then the relationship won't work.

Are both of the fields in the Welcome table globals?

Well to answer the first question...Nothing is showing up in the portal...Blank

I now have read the section in my book regarding indexing...it really does not touch on how it can effect a relationship...

The main::insur_Status is just a field...made into a radio button... so I made the welcome::insur_status a text field also...Still nothing... Are my relationships correct?

No glb fields are on the welcome page...

Joseph

I was asking not about the field in the main table, but in the related table. What kind of field is the insur_status on the other side that you want to have appear through the portal?

Have you checked to make sure (say, by typing into the field rather than using radio buttons) that the text is exactly the same? If you created your radio button with a space after the word, for example, or if the remote field has spaces in the values, that would ruin the match...

There are lots of ways to troubleshoot a relationship... Trying making it again in a dummy file, even more simply. If you've made other relationships work, then you need to rule out anything that makes this one different...

This topic is 7256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.