Collate info from two portals

PTraub

This topic is 7248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I hope someone is able to shed some light.

I have two portals which show records from different files. The first portal shows items that have been quoted for an installation and the other shows 'over run' items which were neccessary in order to complete the job.

I want to be able to collate these items from both portals and incorporate them into a new quote which will then be more accurate for future quotes for similar installations.

I hope this is clear enough.

TIA

Paul

Since you're storing essentially the same type of information in both, these should actually be in one file. Each record in this file can have a field indicating which type it is, and you could set up portals to filter based on that criteria for those occasions when you only want to see one or the other.

• Newbies

Hi Jason,

Thanks for that!. I know how to set a portal to sort but ma unsure how to filter.

Are there any demo files I can look at?

Regards

Paul

jasonwood said:

Since you're storing essentially the same type of information in both, these should actually be in one file. Each record in this file can have a field indicating which type it is, and you could set up portals to filter based on that criteria for those occasions when you only want to see one or the other.

In your case I think you'd probably set up 3 relationships

One relating parent to children based on the key field alone.

The other two relationships would relate based on a calculated key field that would include additional characters to identify the "type".

eg: 55555-quote and 55555-over

You would display this in 3 different portals, either on the same layout or different layouts.

This topic is 7248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.