Script for Printing

This topic is 8240 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Three questions:

1. Is there a way to make a script that forces the user to print the current record and not the records being browsed?

2. Is there a script that forces the user to print the records being browsed and not just the current record? My users always forget to go the the printing setup screen to do this, and I want to make it easier for them.

3. Is there a way to make a find script that does not stop and ask the user to press continue once in find mode. I know I'm missing a step in my find script and there has to be a way to do this! New to scripting! Thanks

1 & 2) The Page Setup(restore) script step "remembers" not only the paper type and landscape or portrait but also the setting of "current" or "all" records when the script is created. To change the script step, do a print selecting which option you wish, open the script in Scriptmaker, close the script in Scriptmaker, and select replace page setup in the dialog that pops up on closing the edit script window.

3) It kind of depends upon what you are trying to do. If you WANT the user to enter find criteria, the "enter" key is necessary to tell the script the user is done entering. You can use a button defined as "Resume Script" instead of requiring the user to know that the enter key must be pressed. If you are asking how to turn off the pause, it is an checkbox option for the "Enter Find Mode" script step.

There are lots of other ways of scripting finds. For example, you can have the use enter find criteria into a set of globals and hit a "Find" button connected to a script you write which enters find mode, copies all the golbals to real fields, and performs the find.

-bd

This topic is 8240 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.