Script Results Based on Value Fields.

This topic is 8222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey All!

I want to make another script where it looks through all the records and checks one field for ANY Value List Entry.

I have set up a Value List , attached it to a field and gave it checkboxes. The script I want to make searches the Value List field and look for ANY checkbox that is checked. The name of the field is "Action List."

So my question is, in my calculation, what would I set the field Action List to so it will accept any checkmard as valid? Also, how would I set the calculation to search for only a specific box that is checked. (Action List = "Value List Item"):

Hope this makes sense. Thanks for all your help!

Ken

Thanks for your time, Bob Weaver.

While I have your attention, I would like to put this in a script that you so kindly worked out for me:

^^^^First part of scrpt^^^^^

Else

If ["Status(CurrentRecordNumber) = Status(CurrentFoundCount)"]

Omit Record

Exit Loop If ["1"]

Else

Omit Record

End If

End If

^^^and so on...^^^

I would like to put the step:

(not IsEmpty(Action List ))

into the script so that if there is a check in the Action List field, it will omit that record. So do I put it in "If ["Status(CurrentRecordNumber) = Status(CurrentFoundCount)"]," or do I set up another If function in "Else

Omit Record"?

Thanks truly for all your help.

Ken

Actually, that's right. I tend to confuse the parameters for the PatternCount() and Position() functions. This is correct:

PatternCount(Action List, "Appointment Obtained") > 0

The question is where do you want to put it in your script? As I recall, you omitted records by default if they didn't pass another test at the beginning of the loop. Do you want to omit these records even if they pass the first tests?

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 8222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.