Server Maintenance This Week. ×

print udated records script

This topic is 8198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I created a billing database which creates patient charge sheets for surgical procedures. I created a handheld DB on HanDbase which I have successfully ODBC linked to the FM billing db, such that all non calculable fields can be entered on the handheld, synced, and transferred into FM for calculation and printing of charge sheets. I am trying to configure a script which will know which records are new or updated and then only print those records. I thought of using a range find from the "insert from last record" (date)to "insert current date", but I fear it will use the last updated record since this is the last active field and I will get one day of records printed instead of say the last week if the last time the records were printed was a week ago. Any ideas where to start? Currently I sync, manually perform a range find, then manually print the found set. Thanks in advance.

I created a printed field and place a Y in the field for records that are printed, so that new imported records are without a Y. Then I created a script with a find that finds all Y records and then shows omitted records (the new records) and prints them. Now the part I cant seem to figure out. I used the insert text script placing Y into the printed field, however it only places a Y in the current record (not the found set of records) then I tried the replace script, but it wants to use the Current text which is nothing for a new record, a serial number, or a calculated field. I guess I could create a number instead of Y, then create a calculation field that calculates that number and places it in that field, seems a bit of a run around though. Any ideas.

This topic is 8198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.