Print Script-Using current record

This topic is 8190 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All! I am working a db application that tracks conduct/discipline for a school principal. I need to set up a script to print a certain layout dependent upon a text value in a particular field. For example:In the current record IF the Field Punishment_ID = "001" then go to layout "ISR Letter" and print 3 copies using the current record IF the Field Punishment_ID = "003" then goto layout "Suspension Letter" and print 3 copies using the current record...I am new to this so I am not sure what the procedure to do this would be. Thanks

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Matt Johnson ]

No that won't work. We aren't interested in the field name.

If [ Field Punishment_ID = "001" ]

Go to layout [ "ISR Letter" ]

Print []

Else

If [ Field Punishment_ID = "003" ]

Go to layout ["Suspension Letter" ]

Print []

End If

End If

Note that the function to "print 3 pages" is best done by the user when the print dialog box appears, rather than issuing the Print [] step three times.

Note also that if the Field Punishment_ID is neither 001 nor 003 then the script as written above won't print anything, but this is the logic you have described in your post.

Thanks Guys. I worked it out but did it a little different. The main problem I had was that "001" was not the true value, but "1" was really the value. After I got rid of the zeros it worked. Now I will have to make another post because I need to do some reports which probably entail some calculations...I getting better at all of this!

Just off the top of my head:

You can have the script go to the appropriate layer automagically by using Go to Layout (by # from a field), and specify Punishment_ID as the layout # to go to. Or, at least, a calc field based on Punishment_ID.

e.g. If Punishment is Suspension, Punishment_ID=3, Go to Layout 3, which would be Suspension Letter.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic is 8190 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.