Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Boxing up a package

This topic is 7195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not an expert in this area at all, but here's a few layman observations; which you perhaps already know. I believe that it is quite fine to do what you want. I'm assuming this is a Runtime solution? You do need to carefully read the documentation, which is pretty clear, about what FileMaker mandates that you include with a runtime. Off the top of my head:

1. Your name and contact info, in a dedicated About layout, which is set as the default About screen during runtime creation.

2. Some specific text (which they give you) on that screen for FileMaker's copyright and non-responsibility for support.

3. A text file with a license, which FileMaker supplies an example of; which may be modified, as long as it doesn't void a mandantory section (just what may require legal advice; but it seemed fairly straightforward, as far as such things go).

Further, you might want to include a routine to show this contract during 1st startup, so that they have to click "Agree" to continue. I believe just including a text file is not considered sufficient, if push comes to shove.

4. Anything else they say that I forgot :-/

This topic is 7195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.