Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CS for Record Arrow graphics

This topic is 7200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Almost every table needs record-arrow navigation. I decided to (hopefully) simplify the idea, utlizing Custom Function so that the required calculation in each table would be easier and could be just one calculation for all four arrows. I have attached my simple idea - Preferences table containing the Arrow graphics and a Customer table. I will be implementing this into approx. 25 tables once I get my head clear on it.

This will be networked and I need to be sure my use of globals will work. I would hate to have this break when presented in multi-user. I tend to think that even more of the calculation can be moved to the Custom Function, but I am unsure how to accomplish that. I have placed each calculation repetition independently so script could be attached directly to each Arrow calculation.

And, is there a way to stop the black flash of script execution if no button is visible? I dislike the ability to still click that spot and have it execute at all.

I may be over-complicating this whole idea. Ideally, the calculation container in each data table (called ArrowBar) would only contain Custom Function 'Arrow Bar'. As you will see, I still have it broken up too much -- 1) as different Custom Functions for each Arrow and 2) Requiring Choose() within the data-table calculation. How best can I pull this together using Custom Functions? Or should I? Your wisdom would be appreciated. confused.gif

LaRetta

ArrowBar.zip

Bang Zoom Perfect - of course! And again, The Shadow has come through for me!!! Thank you so much! smile.gif I'm going to figure out repetitions yet. I notice you don't have yours unstored!: Why did I think it needed to be unstored? I guess not! Thanks again. wink.gif

Wow. Just your Arrow Custom Function and a very simple ArrowBar calc in each table. It doesn't get easier than that.

LaRetta

Hey Shadow! I didn't take into account working with a found set also. If (on a found set) going to the last record, the Next and Last arrows don't disappear.

I modified it (adding the bold) but it still won't work (on found set, last two arrows still show). blush.gif

If(

Get ( TotalRecordCount ) > 1 or Get ( FoundCount ) > 1;

If ( Choose( repNum-1; Get ( RecordNumber ) > 1; Get ( RecordNumber ) > 1;

Get ( RecordNumber ) < Get (TotalRecordCount) or Get ( RecordNumber ) < Get (FoundCount); Get ( RecordNumber ) < Get (TotalRecordCount) ) or Get (RecordNumber) < Get (FoundCount);

Preferences::RecordArrow[repNum]

)

)

Any idea how I can account for all records or found sets? smile.gif

LaRetta

When you don't have a found-set, Get(FoundCount) and Get(TotalRecordCount) are equal.

You can just change the calculations to always use Get(FoundCount) and it seems to work fine.

I think you DO want this calculation Unstored, I just did a quick test and it worked, but it would fail as soon as I made a new record, but I didn't try that.

After your post, I changed all 25 table calcs by unclicking 'Do not store' or so I thought. Maybe I missed one. This took some time to recalculate. Then when it didn't work, I tried changing another table calc to unstored and it still didn't work. I'll bet I missed a table originally. Anyway, this table was Unstored and I will check the rest of them in the morning. blush.gif

Time for a glass of Merlot and some music. Obviously my FM brain has already retired for the evening. Thank you, Shadow. wink.gif

Update: I can't read very well. You said it SHOULD be Unstored!! Okay, I'll change them all back ... in the morning. I changed the one table to 'Unstored' and changed the TotalRecordCount to FoundCount and it works perfectly. I can't see very well either - I hadn't noticed you attached a demo. laugh.gif

L

This topic is 7200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.