need help with message dialog question

This topic is 7186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, gurujee. What version of Filemaker are you using?

Besides the option to manually resize, this can also be controlled through the Windows Registry. In the Start>Run dialog, enter Regedit and click OK. Open the key [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFilemakerFilemaker Pro6.0Dialogs]. In there, you will see about 11 subkeys. Play around with the values of the Bottom, Left, Right, and Top DWORDs in each of these subkeys until you come up with window sizes you can live with.

If the phrase "play around with the registry" is as breathtakingly frightening to you as it is to me Eeeeeek.gif, don't worry, i've safely messed with these values many times and changing them will not harm your computer.

HTH.

Jerry

Oh yeah--if you're using version 7, look in the key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFilemakerFilemaker Pro7.0Dialogs]

instead. And if you're using Developer rather than Pro, change "Filemaker Pro" to "Filemaker Developer."

The subkey for the custom dialog is 5512, in case that's the one you're looking for.

J

Please update your profile to reflect the Platform, operating system and verion of FileMaker you are using. The link is just below you name in the box on the left, and is in blue "profile".

Lee cool.gif

If you mean Dialog boxes, you can set them back to default size in Edit > Preferences - at least in 7. I have never used this because my dialog boxes have never been resized. But I recall seeing this option there. smirk.gif

Just checked vs. 6. It's in Edit > Preferences > Application.

LaRetta

LaRetta:

i feel so stupid. it worked. Thank You all for help

gurujee

If you mean Dialog boxes, you can set them back to default size in Edit > Preferences - at least in 7. I have never used this because my dialog boxes have never been resized. But I recall seeing this option there. smirk.gif

Just checked vs. 6. It's in Edit > Preferences > Application.

LaRetta

This topic is 7186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.