Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Style Assistant for vs. 7

This topic is 7163 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Requires FileMaker vs. 7 ...

Full Access is Account Name and Password of: Admin

Restricted attribute access is Account Name and Password of: Restricted

How does one control Users wanting to apply different text attributes to field data? Let them waste time selecting colors and fonts, only to strip them by using Auto-Enter (Replace) on every field? Let them run free and threaten them if they change the attributes? Totally remove menu text attribute options (either via Privileges or plugin)? I think there are simpler ways...

Turn it over to Management. Let them decide which fields can be stylized; what font sizes, colors etc. may be used on a field-by-field (and table-by-table) basis - all from Browse mode.

This demo is very simple:

• It does not require relationships or calculations.
  • There are no complex Set Fields[] or calculations to implement.
  • It can be referenced through File Reference only and used within your existing solution or easily duplicated in your existing file.
  • Copy one Text Attribute icon and place it on all your layouts. One generic script parameter handles the rest.
  • It will always work with any file or table so as your business grows and changes, it will still function.

All text attributes, including font names can be incorporated in the Owner's allowable selections ... just modify their list and incorporate that process into the Style Assistant display and make those script parameter changes to the associated Style Assistant buttons.

One could consider expanding the Browse Mode default handling characteristics. The varied attributes could be another table and the Owner could be provided with checkboxes for font names, layout names, tables names, etc. for ease of selection. One could also provide the Owner with a full color pallet in which to choose from.

Let Management change their minds on which fields can contain which styles. Remind them of printing issues, ie, red text won't print on monochrome as nicely as black. Some fields will be restricted - no styles; other fields can be styled with minimum options (font size restricted from 11-16 point for instance). Colors can be restricted to colors dark enough that it is easily readable - no more accidental white text on white backgrounds.

I've included a word.doc with the demo containing additional information. I hope others find the simplicy of Style Assistant as useful (and easy to use) as I do. wink.gif

StyleAssistant.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.