Server Maintenance This Week. ×

The Amazing Vanishing Records Database

This topic is 7112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings all

I have this FM6 db that I inherited. On an inconsistant basis, when the db_Reg is opened, records are missing. Example - at the end of the work day I will have 150 records. The next morning there will be 52. I have not been able to replicate the problem. Running the recovery command in FP will recover the missing data. To give you all the complete pictures - here's the entire process:

1) Users enter information online.

2) Employee imports data from an xml sorce into the db_Pending

3) This employee (Emp1) checks for complete information, exports individual records to files, and sends them to email attachments to another employee (say, Emp2)

4) Emp2 imports the records into db_Reg.

Now, the database has evolved over the years. Been running for about 5 years, and been through different FP releases, currently on FP6.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

-steve

Running the recovery command in FP will recover the missing data.

Recovery is to retrieve data, not save a design. If Recovery retrieves the data even once, I think I would cut my losses and move it. Have you tried importing into a clean new copy of your design? Hopefully you have one set aside that you can use?

You shouldn't need to use Save As, nor would I recommend it, because you should be using a back up and importing the recovered file's data into it. Then you should delete the recovered file.

This topic is 7112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.