Flashing login dialog box on WinXp using IE6

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everybody,

I have a weird thing that happens when I use my WinXp Home laptop to (try to) access my IWP home page: the dialog box asking for my user name and password rapidly flashes in succession 3 times, then I'm taken back to the IWP Home Page. This doesn't happen when I try it with a Mac running OSX or a PC running either Win98 or Win2k (I'm not even clear if it's only my laptop that has this problem or if it's a general thing wit XP - if anyone wants to try and log in, you can point to http://www.logisoft.no-ip.com:581/ ).

I didn't install Service Pack 2, the WinXP firewall is deactivated (I have a hardware firewall) and it doesn't work if I point the browser to the actual file being served using cgi?-db:...

Does anyone know what's causing this behaviour and, better yet, how to fix this?

TIA

Ben

================================================

Benoit R. Savignac, pr

Bonjour Benoit,

I've just tried it here on my XP Prof box and don't have the problem. I've used IWP externsively from any of my XP boxes and never saw that issue. Must be something on your machine...

Do you have any auto-login software running?

You are absolutely right - I'm running a little piece of software that performs some actions triggered by window names, and it was trying to perform a 'Connect' script. Works fine now.

Thanks a lot Wim for pointing my tired brain in the right direction blush.gif.

Ben

This topic is 7113 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.