Checkbox "views"

ep820

This topic is 7110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On my data entry screen I have 6 checkboxes. On my report form, I want to print out only the name of what items were checked off. My problem is the report form field lists the items checked ina column, and I need it to print out in a row in order to save space. Just dragging & shaping the field to one long row does not work, it only shows the first choice and the rest are out of sight below it, all space to the right of that first chice is blank.

Make a value list based on the checkbox through a self-relationship of serial. Then make your unstored text calculation Substitute( ValueListItems( Status(CurrentFileName), "checkboxvaluelist" ), "

Hi JT,

Don's solution doesn't use this approach, it uses a very long calculation, and a second field. I like your solution a lot better except it is slow updating the "one line field". Anyway to speed this up, or do you have to click into field, or change records to another record and then back.

Lee cool.gif

Hi Lee. Unfortunately, a manual or scripted screen refresh is always necessary when using ValueListItems calculation fields. This is the only major drawback to using them. In version 7 though, you could use script parameters to set the checkbox field and refresh the calculation.

This topic is 7110 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.