Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Scroll bar won't display why?

J__

This topic is 7088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a portal at the bottom of my layout. It contains detail items. Well, up until just recently, those detail items have never been enough to go past the length of the portal. The portal will show 8 items. But when I added some new items - so now I have 16, the scroll bar on the right doesn't display.

I have in the portal setup "show vertical scroll bar" checked.

anyone ever have this happen to you before? If so, what did you do to fix it?

thanks,

sincerely,

J__

Hi Jerry,

thanks for the response. Sorry to be blind here, but where is line transparency for a portal located? What menu do i configure that under? I looked at format > portal, but that just shows colors for alternating lines...

thanks,

J__

• 4 weeks later...

I think J_ referred to the vertical scroll bar.

J_ if you are still listening, I've had this happen. The scroll bar space is taken from inside the portal. If you haven't needed it and filled the portal with fields, then when you do need it, it doesn't show. Just enlarge your portal width.

Oh let me get in this too smile.gif

Another way (other than the status area as Fenton provided in his attachment) is to click your portal once until the handles display (4 black boxes in each corner). Right click and select pen pattern. Select the top row, second box from the left. The top left box is transparent. The second box in from the left (top row) is solid.

Then be sure your pen color is dark enough to see and that the line thickness is at least hairline (or 1 px, although they always look the same to me). You need to know where these are so that, in case you have the status area hidden, you can still work on your fields and objects.

Vaughan, have you been sippin' holiday cheer early? Ooops! You probably don't celebrate Thanksgiving, do you! I see no mention of horizontal scroll. grin.gif And Paul? Even if your fields overlap the scroll, any part of the field over (or beyond the scroll) simply won't show but the scroll will always show. Even when you'd wish it wouldn't. crazy.gif

I believe the problem I had was using a clear or transparent pen color, which i guess the portal uses to render the scroll bar. Once I set the color to black, it seemed to get back in sync.

thanks for the input all.

sincerely,

J__

With summer coming on in your part of the world (and winter just hitting here), I wish I was there also!!! smile.gif

Sorry Jerry! I said Fenton for some totally unknown reason! See Vaughan! Those that point out things in others should check their own backyards first!!! Geez ... see, I was feelin' quite frisky (because I HAD been sippin' a bit of cheer), was a bit bored, and saw a chance to mingle and tease a bit!!

I allowed myself something I rarely permit ... I posted without thinking at all! crazy.gifgrin.gif

This topic is 7088 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.