Sign in to follow this  
Slobey

Separated List

Hi,

I need help. I have a Solution with a job table and a line item table. Each line item has an option field in it. I have a layout with a portal that shows only the line items for the options that I have written in the Job files option field (which is on the layout. This is through a multiple relationship between the two tables (job id and option must match.

What I am trying to do is instead of having to write in the options I want to view, I want to have a list on the Job file layout that shows all the Options for that job as a list and allows me to check off the ones I would like included. Is there a way to do this automatically? I hope I am not confusing anyone else as much as I am confusing myself. I know this can be done, please help.

thanks

Thanks for your reply

The check box is what I am trying to do. But the checkbox list doesn't show all the options, because the relationship depends on the option matching. So I have to manually enter the options for it to show up. I want a list of ALL the options and then use the check box to select the ones I want to display.

Does that make sense?

Create another relationship to Line Items based on only job id. Then create a value list of options based on this relationship, starting from the current table.

OK, I have created a value list. Now how do I display it and allow the user to click on which ones he wants to see?

Thanks

I really appreciate all the help guys

Format your field as a checkbox, using the newly created value list.

I did that, and I can check them off. What I am hoping is that when I check a box, it will automatically display only the related items.

If your relationship is multi-criteria based on JobID and this option field, selecting/deselecting options should make them appear/disappear in the portal.