Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Listing activities

This topic is 8639 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am working a db where each of fifty employees can work in up to three activities each day(out of a possible 1221 activities). What I would like to do is be able to obtain a list of the activity numbers worked each day. Anybody got a clue.

• 2 weeks later...

Relational databases, one with employee name, other activities.

Create a summary report in the activity file to get all the number out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Each record is one days work and one layout has 50 name fields, 50 emp. number fields, 150 activity numbers fields, 150 act. desciptions (lookup)fields, 150 hours fields, 50 total hours (calc)fields. Another layout has fields where I can type in the act. numbers I see that have been used that day then fields to accumulate the hours for each activity number I type in. What I was wondering was is there a way for FM to find the act. numbers for the day and put each one in a separate field without repeating so I would not manually have to find the numbers used each day.

OK, but I'll just say it again... you need to redesign your data model to use related databases instead of relying on 150 fields for everything.

Once you go relational you'll realise how easy it will make everything... your problems will disappear because they are a result of a poor data model.

This topic is 8639 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.