Server Maintenance This Week. ×

serial numbers

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

my situation is this i am trying to create a database for my company that will keep track of our airline miles (customer a , awards, and such ) the problem that i am coming up against is that i need to have a printout for each month (a report) but thats not the only part i need this to have a serial # along with each award for each customer for each month if their is now award i need this to skip that month and continue to the next customer who has awards coming to them

is this logical can it be done?

need help

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by macuser:

my situation is this i am trying to create a database for my company that will keep track of our airline miles (customer a , awards, and such ) the problem that i am coming up against is that i need to have a printout for each month (a report) but thats not the only part i need this to have a serial # along with each award for each customer for each month if their is now award i need this to skip that month and continue to the next customer who has awards coming to them

This is not a serial number issue. It is a simple find/sorting issue.

You need to show a report of all of the customer who had an award coming in a given month. Well just do one of two things:

Either perform a find which finds all customer who have an award coming in the given month, or perform a report where you sort by month and subsummarize by month. Either way you get only those customers who have an award in the given month.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected] http://www.database-resources.com

see the serial # needs to be their also since that is how american airlines registers their # with the Customer ect so the sorting function is a good idea for the report per month but needs to have a serial # in association with when the data was entered for each of the customers and soforth ( wish i could show you what i mean its hard to discribe)

quote:

Originally posted by macuser:

This is not a serial number issue. It is a simple find/sorting issue.

You need to show a report of all of the customer who had an award coming in a given month. Well just do one of two things:

Either perform a find which finds all customer who have an award coming in the given month, or perform a report where you sort by month and subsummarize by month. Either way you get only those customers who have an award in the given month.

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.