General question about network deployment upg

nab

This topic is 7094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am couple questions.

1. I am developing a DB that I would like to deploy on the network, other than istalling FileM pro on a shared server and web sharing the application on the server what would I need ?

2. After deploying the DB, what is the easiest way to re-deploy changes to DB without intrupting the users ? what about about the existing data in the DB ? for example in Ms. Access you can split the DB into client and server portion and have the data in the server portion and you can change the client as you wish without affecting the data as long as you do not change the data structure, even then it will allow but it will warn you about the data integrity.

3. Now I am in the testing phase and I have lots of test records in the DB how can I mass clean these Rec. without having to delete each record indiviually.

sorry for the long post, and thank-you in advance

1. You can use peer-to-peer networking for up to 10 work stations (although beyond 5 the performance is quite poor).

2. Do the programming at night or on weekends. Or simply tell users not to use a particular file while you are making changes. In version 7, changes can be made even while uses are working.

3. Write a script to delete the records.

This topic is 7094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.