Concatenate only used fields

This topic is 8439 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm trying to create a calculation field to concatenate multiple fields (about 10)into a single field (field1 & field2 etc). Thing is, some of the fields are empty and I do not want to add those fields. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks,

Grahame.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the concatenation of blank fields is still a blank field. wink.gif" border="0 You don't need the test. IsEmpty will not detect a field full of spaces as "empty". The calculation can be:

Field1 & Field2 & Field 3 & Field4

The only time you need the IsEmpty is if you are concatenating the fields with a delimiter such as <cr> or dash.

-bd

Ahhh...yes, that looks better - I seem to have a panache for over complication I'm afraid smile.gif" border="0

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards - Grahame.

quote:

Originally posted by Vaughan:

Nearly... Let's think the logic out a bit: let's say you want to join the fields together with

Hi Vaughan,

Hope you don't mind me asking another question related to this last one. The formula you helped me with is working great for my flat-file databases. I'm now trying to achieve something similar with a relational database. The formula I'm using is:

If( IsEmpty(Tel_Dir_cont::Name), "", Tel_Dir_cont::Name & "

This topic is 8439 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.