multiple fields exportation problem

This topic is 7007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everybody!

I'm an university student and not very expert of filemaker unfortunately but I have to help my dad solving a problem and I'm not able to do it...

We just upgraded from filemaker 4 pro to filemaker 7 pro (a big jump I know) in a small office (one mac and 2 pc).

Now everything is fine (or better fixed smile.gif) except one problem with multiple fields very annoying.

there's a table with code as primary key, some others single fields and some multiple fields...

Now working with it gives no problem, but we have to import its record from another table!

The problem is that filemaker pro 7 (4 were working "fine") import records, but put just once the single fields and works fine with the multiple fields (split the value in different records).

Now I don't really know what to do, I tried everything passed in my mind, but with no result...

Can you help me please??

Is there a way to tell filemaker to write the single field record every time?

or maybe another workaround to get it working??

Thank you very much and sorry for my poor english...

Bloody,

I think the most common importing problem for v7 is related to the fact that you need to run the import from a layout that is connected to the table that you want to import the records into. Right click on the layout and choose Layout Setup. Confirm that the value in the Show Records From field is the correct table.

This topic is 7007 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.