Multiple fields that act as one

This topic is 8409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am wondering if it is possible to take three fields (log1, log2, log3) and have them act as one field when I'm trying to performing a find.

For example, I would put my search parameter such as a number like 001 in a field called log4 which would be a calculation field of the three fields (log1, log2, log3) and it would perform a search on all three fields at the same time looking for 001.

Without knowing what type of fields log1, log2, and log3 are (number, text, container, etc.) it's difficult to know how to combine them to perform a find on one field. You can certainly create a global field, call it "gFind" and run a script to find the same value in any of the three fields. Enter the value to be found in gFind and run the following script:

Enter Find Mode ()

Set Field (log1, gFind)

New Record/Request/Page

Set Field (log2, gFind)

New Record/Request/Page

Set Field (log3, gFind)

Perform Find ()

-bd

Is there a way to create a calculation field that will encompass three other text field so I can use the calc field to search for a value in the three text fields at the same time.

This is kind of like someone complaining that their computer doesn't work, you always find out about the house fire last! wink.gif" border="0

Are log 1, log 2 and log 3 repeating fields? What is the big picture on what you are trying to do?

-bd

This topic is 8409 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.