Server Maintenance This Week. ×

More on Re-lookup for linked fields

This topic is 7032 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. Sorry to perseverate on this (see "Auto-enter data" posting from yesterday). The 'Auto-enter' and 'Replace Field Contents' worked great for the fixed values. However, Re-Lookup is still not working for my case.

Is it a problem that the "key field" (matchField) is a calculation, not text or a number?

Just to be clear... What I want to happen is for the key field (matchField) to calculate a value from data entered Table X and for the resulting value to then be copied to the "destination field" in Table Y. At the moment, I have the destination field (in Table Y) defined as a number and set to Lookup the value from the matchField (Table X). But when I try re-lookup with existing (linked) records, nothing gets entered in the destination field. Likewise, if I create a new record in Table X and enter some data, the key field calculates its value appropriately, but when I create a matching (linked) record in Table Y, the calculated values do not get copied from X to Y.

I also tried specifying the destination field as a calculation, instead of a number, and then setting it equal to the matchField, but that did not seem to work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gwen

Sorry, it's still not working. I set the destination field equal to evaluate (source field). The respective tables are linked, and so are the source and destination fields. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, gwen

This topic is 7032 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.