Calculating billing time

This topic is 8406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a program to keep track of my project hours. My fields are "Date", "Start Time", "End Time", and "Elapsed Time" which is a simple calculation. I would like a calculation field that will multiply my elapsed time hours and minutes by a fixed dollar amount for an accurate billing amount. Ideas?

Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by rmsherman:

I have a program to keep track of my project hours. My fields are "Date", "Start Time", "End Time", and "Elapsed Time" which is a simple calculation. I would like a calculation field that will multiply my elapsed time hours and minutes by a fixed dollar amount for an accurate billing amount. Ideas?.

Assuming that your Elapsed Time calc is correctly calculating it should show how many minutes total time there is. Assuming that you bill on an hourly rate do the following: ( ElapsedTime / 60 ) * HourlyRate

That's what I thought, but it is not working. the Start time field and end time field are time fields formated as hhmm. The elapsed time field is a calculation field (End time-start time) which givs me the correct hrs and minutes. In my calculation field for billing I used elapsed time/60. That calculation alone gives me the same number that is in my elapsed time field. Example> Start 3:00PM end 6:PM. Elapsed time =360 minutes. Elapsed time /60 also gave me the number 360. I'm missing something obvious, but maybe I'm too tired to see it.

quote:

Originally posted by rmsherman:

Example> Start 3:00PM end 6:PM. Elapsed time =360 minutes. Elapsed time /60 also gave me the number 360. I'm missing something obvious, but maybe I'm too tired to see it.

You are missing something, something very obvious. Check your calcs!

This topic is 8406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.