Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Specifying in 1 window and displaying in another

This topic is 7027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I provide the user a small pop up window where the seach criteria are entered. The field is a global and the seach results are then displayed into a full screen list layout.

The user can be in any of several files and request a search for the data in another file or the user can be in the file containing the data to be searched. The script to request a search displays a small pop up window where the seach criteria are entered. The 'Execute search" script will look at the previous layout to determin if the user was inside the file previously or not.

If the user was inside the file in question and viewing the list layout, the small search window is closed, the search is executed (enter find mode, copy/setfield data from globals to text, perform find), and the displayed data is present in the viewed list. no records are found the custom message is displayed stating "No records found." No problem.

If the user is outsdie the file in question, the layout in the smaller window is changed to the larger list layout and the find is performed. This looked a bit sloppy if no records are found, (like going to a party and no one is there). So I did the find before going the the list layout but then I have the find window open and the message pop up that states "no records are found", still sloppy. So I tried hiding the smaller window containing the search criteria, then performing the search (enter find mode, copy/setfield data from globals to text, perform find) and only if record count is not zero to go to the hidden window and layout containg the list. Problem is, the list in the new window is not the found list or I get my message that no records found when in fact they are there.

Is there a way to perfom a find while the file window is hidden, then if found count is greater than zero, select the hidden window and have the found list displayed? confused.gif

This topic is 7027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.