Certification

This topic is 6950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering about the Certification test also. I noticed you posted this a month ago and didn't get any reply. Did you find out anything about the test. I was wondering if you found any sample questions online too! I'm going to post a new question about this on the board. Maybe we can get some people to notice this subject!

I was wondering about the Certification test also. I noticed you posted this a month ago and didn't get any reply. Did you find out anything about the test. I was wondering if you found any sample questions online too! I'm going to post a new question about this on the board. Maybe we can get some people to notice this subject!

I did view the info on Filemaker's site. It shows the exam coverage areas, which is cool. But, I was looking for practice questions. For instance, I just got A+ Certified. You can find all kinds of free practice questions on the net, but not any for Filemaker Pro. These questions make it fun to study and help you get ready for the test! There has got to be some out there for Filemaker!!!

I did view the info on Filemaker's site. It shows the exam coverage areas, which is cool. But, I was looking for practice questions. For instance, I just got A+ Certified. You can find all kinds of free practice questions on the net, but not any for Filemaker Pro. These questions make it fun to study and help you get ready for the test! There has got to be some out there for Filemaker!!!

By taking the test, one signs an NDA. This is presumably why you don't find any easy answers and test questions and all that.

It's difficult to say how hard the test is. For someone who uses FileMaker to keep track of his stampcollection, it's impossible. For someone who uses FileMaker to earn his daily bread and is experienced in that, it should be a breeze.

After studying your material, start reading Special Edition Using FM7. If, in about 80% of the book, you can say: 'I knew that' (as in: could have continued to write the paragraph after the first few words; had this knowledge active and in the front of your mind), you will likely pass. If it is less than that, or if you read SE Using FM7 and think regularly 'I recognize that, now that you tell me', you will fail.

I failed my first attempt because I rely too much on daily practice: if I want to see how something works (out) I simply try it in FileMaker. At the exam, you have no FileMaker. You either know, or you don't.

By taking the test, one signs an NDA. This is presumably why you don't find any easy answers and test questions and all that.

It's difficult to say how hard the test is. For someone who uses FileMaker to keep track of his stampcollection, it's impossible. For someone who uses FileMaker to earn his daily bread and is experienced in that, it should be a breeze.

After studying your material, start reading Special Edition Using FM7. If, in about 80% of the book, you can say: 'I knew that' (as in: could have continued to write the paragraph after the first few words; had this knowledge active and in the front of your mind), you will likely pass. If it is less than that, or if you read SE Using FM7 and think regularly 'I recognize that, now that you tell me', you will fail.

I failed my first attempt because I rely too much on daily practice: if I want to see how something works (out) I simply try it in FileMaker. At the exam, you have no FileMaker. You either know, or you don't.

This topic is 6950 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.