how to update a value list obtained from a file

This topic is 8356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I've a DB for chemical storage managment. I set up a pop-down field for chemical name which is connected to a "product" file. In that way I can choose a chemical name and have in different fields some chemical product informations. Something very classical.

So, is it any way to automatically update the "product" file when I enter new chemical name in the pop-down field (I check the possibility to add new item in the value list) in the main DB.

one other thing, when a chemical is terminated I would like to archive the record for storage. How can I do that ? I was thinking to set the record in "ignore the record" or may to export the record in another file.

thank you for your help,

If you elect to use the items in another file as a value list, the "Edit" item in Field Format will be greyed out. The only option for automating the process I can think of is to 1) add a product called "Edit" to the product file, 2) use a plug-in to trigger a script on field exit to check for the selection of the "Edit" option you've created, and 3) run a script with dialogs to allow the creation of a new record in the product file.

In archiving the records for storage, I would mark the records using an entry into a field and build an index that hides these records when showing a value list using a relationship.

-bd

This topic is 8356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.