Server Maintenance This Week. ×

related fields won't show up

swf

This topic is 7016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have so far been able to relate tables and have them work normally. I related a new table for medication lists by patient id and name. I can not get the patient id and last name to show up from related records. It just says 0 records. I have posted my database files. The main problem is on layout patients. Any help appreciated. The account is admin with no password and it is only test data.

patients.fp7.zip

The layout "Patients" has been attached to the Meds table. It was not like that before. If you assign a layout to the wrong table, nothing will work. Layouts are the "anchors." The found count is always for the base table of the layout.

You can tell it's wrong, because the basic patient fields are shown as related::fields. When you see a "::" prefix in the name of what should be local field, you know something's wrong. Just reassign it back to Patients, in Layout Setup. Presto, the fields are fixed.

Also, why is there a Medications table and a Meds table? There is already a PatientMeds table, which has the "active" and "inactive" status.

It's quite possible you need both tables. It's also possible that it's kind of confused.

This topic is 7016 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.