Portal problem

MnR

This topic is 6983 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi,

I have a problem with a portal showing unwanted records, basically a user can cancel an order, but when cancelled the portal row needs to omited somehow from the portal,

basica structure of db, tbl_customers, tbl_orders and tbl_turkeys.

the reason that i don't want them deleted is due to the business wanting to keep a record of all orders placed. Maybe an export to a file would work? dunno played around with it for ages and still no success. The user cancels the order by pressing a button, this is to stop uncancelling orders and for validation.

any help would be great!

MnR

You could have a field in the order table called cancelled, and make that field have the value 1 or 0. (Have it auto-enter 0 on record creation)

Now create a global field in the table that relates to the order table, with the value 0. Add a line relating the global field and the "cancelled" field to the portal relationship. This way only records that are not cancelled will show in the portal. If you change the value of the global field to a 1, now only cancelled orders will show. You could set up this field with a checkbox value list so that you can either or both types of orders.

Dana

Yes i mean only uncancelled orders, and how would you incorperate that into the relationship, note i don't use developer, i am on FM pro 7.

EDIT:

--------

Right got it to work now, adapted the rough idea, placed a global set to 1 in customers and placed a cancelled auto enter 0 in orders, when cancel button pressed it sets the cancelled field in orders to 1 and from changing the relationship (AND cancelled=cancelled) the orders set to 1 are removed.

Thanks for giving me a rough idea of how to solve it!

This topic is 6983 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.