This topic is 8345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I have been working on a database where I removed the Status Area and instead of the conventional "record-browser" implemented my own navigation - so far four buttons doing "First Record", "Previous Record", "Next Record" and "Last Record. Piece of cake.

Now I would like to add the following text information: Record Number, Total (found) Records and Total Records.

Example:

a) Browsing my records. Looking at record number 22 out of all 398 records:

22 of 398 - 398

: Searching my records. Found 114 out of all 398 records. Looking at record number 22 of all found 114 records:

22 of 114 - 398

Can this be done?

Any help would be appreciated

You can do this with the status functions. Create a calculation field with the following calc:

code:

Status( CurrentRecordNumber ) & " of " & Status( CurrentFoundCount ) & " - " & Status( CurrentRecordCount )

Make sure that you make the calculation unstored. To do this, while in the calc dialog, click on Storage Options and click on "Do not store calculation results -- calculate only when needed". This will ensure that this field is updated correctly when it needs to be displayed.

Chuck

I tried that once and it failed to display the correct results.. perhaps because the calculation was stored?

why would that screw it up though? shouldn't it still always accurately reflect the correct, current information?

quote:

Originally posted by rhakka:

I tried that once and it failed to display the correct results.. perhaps because the calculation was stored?

why would that screw it up though? shouldn't it still always accurately reflect the correct, current information?

Stored calcs only refresh when the value in a FIELD changes. Since this particular calc does not reference any fields that can change it is effectively frozen as soon as it is displayed. Worse, it will be different for every record.

Making it unstored is the only way to get it to work correctly.

This topic is 8345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.