Trigger Script on Field Exit (R.I.P. doScript?)

rrr

This topic is 6926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello. I have been dormant in the FMP world for awhile (since about the release of FMP7) but have done hardcore development in the past, and have recently been called back into service to port some Mac solutions I did way back when into FMP7.

In one of those solutions, I depended heavily on the doScript plugin to run scripts on users exiting fields.

It appears as if doScript has not been updated for FMP7. Is this correct? Troi Activator seems to do this, but has many more features as well, and I consider it cost prohibitive for solutions with many users.

What are developers using to run scripts on field exit in FMP7?

I was aware of a couple (kludgy) looping techniques which could accomplish this in some cases in earlier FMP versions without the need for a plugin. Are people doing this in FMP7?

Any comments?

rrr

In one of those solutions, I depended heavily on the doScript plugin to run scripts on users exiting fields

Toungue in cheek... do I feel urged to ask - WHY?? Two obvious tasks that comes to mind, it could be validations and the bulk creation of join table records. The first is kind of making internal validations redundant and the later is perhaps a desire ...not quite up to the options availiable with the new relations def.-features or the introduced posibility to define custom functions as well as the major overhaul the repeating fields has undergone. As long as repeaters solely are utilized in keying (relational) purposes, would I like to question you reasoning!

--sd

• 1 month later...

Take a look st:

"RUN APPLESCRIPTS ANY TIME OF THE DAY OR NIGHT

OK, so you've you've created some AppleScripts that do cool things like run your backup, download your email and update your stock quotes. But you've got better things to do than sit in front of your computer, running a script whenever you want those cool things to happen.

iDo Script Scheduler lets you take advantage of your Mac's power and put those scripts to work for you, when you're at the movies, on vacation, or even sleeping like a baby. "

http://www.sophisticated.com/products/ido/ido_ss.html

This topic is 6926 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.