Server Maintenance This Week. ×

No records to show in IWP

This topic is 6969 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I may be missing something small here but anyway :

I am trying to use a "ghost" file which only contains my layouts and scripts for IWP purposes. This file is stored on its own server and is linked to our main FM7 server. In FM Pro this file works perfectly however when i go to our website there is no data in my records. This is my first try at online DB design in this way so i am a little lost.

As always any and all help is appreciated

Ah, do you have permissions set for IWP? Make sure Access via Instant Web Publishing check box is checked. File | Define Accounts and Privileges | Account | Edit | Privilege Set | Edit | Extended Privileges.

Yes I checdked to make sure all permissions are set

To further the confusion I decided to import all the data i would be using throughout my "ghost" file into that file.... from there it works flawless

However when I tried again to separate the data from the rest of the file boom no records show.

I have developed a secondary solution that will still meet my needs however I'm still curious as to why i cant pull that data.

thanks for the help... anyone (myself included) has any other ideas be sure to post

Hi jhomer,

Is your ghost file on another FM Server, or just running on the other box in FileMaker (regular)? To post data that's being hosted via FM Server to the web, either IWP or CWP, you need to go through FM Server Advanced.

HTH,

Adam

hmmmm...I have a thought (which is rare these days!). The advanced server that is hosting the original files, is that doing any web hosting yet? If not, under the Enable Client Services button, what if you put the web identifier for the FSA box that has the ghost file on it. I'm thinking that that server would not accpet web calls from the other server. Again, this is purely just a thought.

HTH,

Adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

You probably need to set the file references correctly. In the main database, go to File->Define->File References. If your reference to the "ghost" file does not have public access (ie. a public IP address instead of a private one), then IWP will look for the data on your internal network - which is not visible to the outside world. I would put the related file in the same directory/server as the main file, and just add the reference: file:<filename>. You can add this as a second line to the reference already in place for internal access.

This topic is 6969 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.