Inactive buttons

Bikeman17

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there

One of my customers reported me that the buttons located in the main menu were inactive. She uses Windows XP and a stand-alone solution. Her computer is brand new. Sometimes, she must reboot her pc up to three times before the buttons become active on screen. Those buttons leads to other files.

any idea?

No! But I guess she wasn't dreaming. Clicking on a button is simple task.

I ran the runtime solution on my own pc and everything worked fine. At first, I thought the problem was related to her pc. It is a brand new one!? I had a though about her mouse but she would experienced the problem with other softwares.

Well, it's hard to troubleshoot a problem third-hand. I haven't heard of any issues with buttons not working, so maybe it's something with the way the attached scripts work.

A couple things to think about to troubleshoot this: There might be a line in the attached script that exits the script on some condition. There might be an active running script that prevents navigation to another file. If the scripts call an external script to navigate to another file, there might be a problem with the file references.

I'd be having a look at the behaviour firsthand. What exactly does she mean by 'inactive'? Does the button change at all?

The reboot requirement does sound a little like file problems. It also sounds like a system problem, not a FMP problem. Does she have any problems with other applications? Does she use any?

I agree on topics said. Sub-scripts used by the buttons are OK and they cannot be faulty. I doubt the problem is related to FM Pro. She didn't mention if she experienced that type of problem with other apps. What puzzle me is that she installed the runtime solution on a brand new pc. The first time we discussed that issue, I told her that it was likely a system problem. It was hard to convince her since it is a brand new computer.

Thanks for your help

This topic is 6995 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.