Writing to a cell denied

This topic is 6984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This is my set up: UI.fp7, Tabs.fp7. There is references between the two.

My problem is that when trying to ' set cellValue of cell "Tabs::foo" ' i a layout in the UI-file, I get an error message (-10006) telling me I can't write access that cell. I do have write permissions in both MacOS and FileMaker.

Please give me a hint! I can really use it:)

• Newbies

My problem is that when trying to ' set cellValue of cell "Tabs::foo" ' i a layout in the UI-file, I get an error message (-10006) telling me I can't write access that cell. I do have write permissions in both MacOS and FileMaker.

• Newbies

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, i had the same problems. There are a number of ways to do it, one of which refers to tables etc, but this was too different to the way i was used to doing it so i did it this way instead.

Basically, in filemaker 7, you can't refer to a cell on if it doesn't exist on a layout. if it does exist on a layout you then have to specify which layout in the applescript. This is no good for hidden fields.

So, to get around this i created a new basic layout with all the fields in the database on it, and called it layout ALL. Then, in the applescript, you have to refer to [color:"red"]DOCUMENT "mydb" rather than [color:"red"]DATABASE "mydb", and add the TELL LAYOUT statement

tell app "Filemaker Dveloper 7"

tell [color:"red"] document "mydb"

[color:"red"] tell layout "ALL"

tell current record

set x to cell "ONE"

set cell "TWO" to y

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

[color:"red"]

This is all in the thred i started called Cell issues with FM7 FMforums - Cell Issues with FM7

This topic is 6984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.