(Newbie) Calculated value of more than 255 char

This topic is 6999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone,

As a new trainee on a filemaker project but learning Filemaker and Applescript in the same time, i'm coping with small troubles implementing "basic" scripts...

I want to insert an applescript longer than 255 characters in a field, with a calculated result (fields containaing paths, names....).

At the beginning, i was just inserting text , without calculation in the field, no worries.

Troubles came with the calculated result try.

Originally, i didn't saw any reason for it to be a difficulty but when i try to implement it, the text field is limited to 255 characters or so....

So, i read something about defining a text field with the auto-enter data set to fill the field with a calculation. But it doesn't work either, calculation stop at 255 or so characters.

What i want to implement is the following:

Tmp_text is a text field set to contain ( "myFolder:" ) , with quotes

Tmp_text_2nd is a text field set to contain ( "myFolder" ), with quotes

The auto enter by calculation is

[color:"blue"] "tell application ""Finder""

Hi everyone,

As a new trainee on a filemaker project but learning Filemaker and Applescript in the same time, i'm coping with small troubles implementing "basic" scripts...

I want to insert an applescript longer than 255 characters in a field, with a calculated result (fields containaing paths, names....).

At the beginning, i was just inserting text , without calculation in the field, no worries.

Originally, i didn't saw any reason for it to be a difficulty but when i try to implement it, the text field is limited to 255 characters or so....

So, i read something about defining a text field with the auto-enter data set to fill the field with a calculation. But it doesn't work either, calculation stop at 255 or so characters.

Hi everyone,

This topic is 6999 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.