Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Find Checkbox

This topic is 8128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I saw this topic posted in the past, but I could not find it any more or anywhere else.

Anyway, my question is how can I search for checkboxes. The checkbox is using a simple value list which is "Y".

I can make a script to find checking or empty checkboxes such as:

Find Mode

Set checkbox = "Y" (or set checkbox = "=")

Perform Find

And assign this script to a button called Find checking Check box/Find Empty Checkbox

But I want to have GENERIC Find button, but the problem is I can not type "=" in the checkbox to find the checkbox that has not been checked.

Any advise?

Thank you

Without a script all I can suggest is to find all the records that have been checked then use omit.

Otherwise you could do a duplicate layout with the field formatted as text-not a checkbox-where you could enter"=". This would require only a very simple script.

What have you got against scripts anyway?

If you use a separate layout for finds, then you can format the field as Radio buttons or a Pop-up menu, using a new value list:

Y

=

Selecting the = in Find mode will be the same as typing = in a plain text field. I suppose you'll still need to script the find to move from the viewing layout to the search layout and back.

This topic is 8128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.