Server Maintenance This Week. ×

figuring out some 'find' issues

This topic is 8494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just getting into creating buttons and scripts to find and sort records in my solution and having a few minor problems that I can't quite figure out. First and foremost is the fact that even though I deselect restore on the enter find and perform find funtions, I can't seem to create a script that allows me to type in the find criteria myself. Is that more complex than I think it is? For both find and sort functions, the only options when you save a script seem to be to keep the last find or sort criteria or replace with the latest one. Obviously I can hit apple f myself but I am trying to automate this solution with buttons so I can control access. Am I missing something simple and fundamental here? Thanks for any help...

quote:

Originally posted by richshone:

Just getting into creating buttons and scripts to find and sort records in my solution and having a few minor problems that I can't quite figure out. First and foremost is the fact that even though I deselect restore on the enter find and perform find funtions, I can't seem to create a script that allows me to type in the find criteria myself. Is that more complex than I think it is? For both find and sort functions, the only options when you save a script seem to be to keep the last find or sort criteria or replace with the latest one. Obviously I can hit apple f myself but I am trying to automate this solution with buttons so I can control access. Am I missing something simple and fundamental here? Thanks for any help...

Goto Layout [FindLayout]

Enter Find Mode []

Goto Field [FirstFindField]

Pause Script

<<at this point in the procedure you will enter your find criteria into the fields on your layout. Pressing Enter or clicking continue on the status bar will unpause the script>>

Perform Find []

Goto Layout [FoundList]

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8494 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.