LaunchIt (or alternative)

This topic is 6851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I'm having trouble integrating Launchit with our current setup. I have created a new table called "documents", adapted all of the scripts and set up a portal in my projects window. I have linked the documents table with the projects table with the project id as a foreign key. Still, when I click on the add file or add folder icon in my portal, the script launches, but after I select the folder or file in the dialog, I am brought to a new project entry screen and nothing is in the portal.

I'm gonna attach a clone of my file. Username and password are both "admin."

Finally, I would still most like a system that would have two way communication between the linked folder and the db. That way, I would hope that i could set up filemaker to have an always up-to-date list of the contents of the remote folder.

Is this possible?

ODD_Clone.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest

Hi all,

I'm having trouble integrating Launchit with our current setup. I have created a new table called "documents", adapted all of the scripts and set up a portal in my projects window. I have linked the documents table with the projects table with the project id as a foreign key. Still, when I click on the add file or add folder icon in my portal, the script launches, but after I select the folder or file in the dialog, I am brought to a new project entry screen and nothing is in the portal.

I'm gonna attach a clone of my file. Username and password are both "admin."

Finally, I would still most like a system that would have two way communication between the linked folder and the db. That way, I would hope that i could set up filemaker to have an always up-to-date list of the contents of the remote folder.

Is this possible?

Not with any plug-in I have heard of, at least not to have a "true" up-to-date list. You could run a script to get the contents of the folder everytime you launch the file, or call it anytime you want really, but I've seen no way to have it update when something is added to the folder.

btw, your file is giving me a bad link.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.