FM Webschool's FM Printer Select Plug In

This topic is 6849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't get this darn plug in to do anything!

I desperately need a plug in that will allow me to script in different printers as well as printing to acrobat distiller w/ no user input. I found FM Webschool's plug in and was excited that this would solve my problems. However I have been unable to get it to work and have had no luck with FM Webschool's tech support.

I know that there are other plugins available but I already paid for this one. Please help.

I am a novice FM programmer and I know nothing about using Plug ins. Here’s where I am at this point.

This is the startup script that I copied from the demo file, unfortunately I don’t really understand what this means, I’m just following instructions:

Set Field [Receiving::gFMVersion; Get(ApplicationVersion)]

Set Field [Receiving::nn, If (LeftWords(Get (ApplicationVersion);1)=”Developer”; “700”; “70”)]

Set Field [Receiving::gPluginVersion; External (“prn-Version”; “1”)]

Set Field [Receiving::gErrorCode; External (“prn-SetFMVersion”; Receiving::nn)]

The way I understand things is that as long as I call this startup script before attempting to switch printers it should work with a simple script line. Here is a script I wrote to print to a network printer:

Perform Scrpt [“Startup”]

Set Field [Receiving::gPrinter; External (“prn-SetFMDefaultPrinter”; “JoeBrother HL-1440 series”)]

Print [No dialog]

I have tried different formats for defining the printer I want to use – “JoeBrother HL 1440 series” and “Brother HL 1440 series on Joe”.

Regardless of which printer I assign or how I format it….the document still prints to my windows default printer. So it seems like the plug in is doing nothing. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong. I think I’m following the directions that FM WebSchool has provided. I emailed back and forth a couple of times with their tech support guy but he was not helpful. He basically just emailed me the startup script and told me to use it!

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Edited by Guest

You must contact, tech support for us to help. We have over 500 companies using this plug-in all over the world. Even in Japan where they are calling some very strangely named printers. We have live tech support, email tech support, and phone support ?

There are working demos of "all" of our plug-ins to make sure they provide your solution before you buy!

We have received "NO" tech support emails or calls for this plug-in in the past 2 weeks?! So I'm not sure who you are contacting.

I did attempt to get tech support from FMWebschool (it's been more than 2 weeks). I got in contact with Joe Mele. After telling me to add the startup script (which I did), he never responded to me when I said it still wasn't working!

Edited by Guest

Are you doing the same thing as I described above? Similar scripts?

Maybe my problem is that, i'm trying to use it with FMServer.

Although I have tried to create a test database that only resides on

my local computer and I still can't print to a network drive. I feel

like I'm missing some "big picture" step.

This topic is 6849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.