Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Certification Test--Passed!

transpower

This topic is 6719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I studied intensively for four months before taking and passing the exam today. Legally I cannot say anything about it--but I think I can say it was "very deep." Unless you're at the level of a "Veteran" here, you probably won't pass it. Good luck to everyone else. Now, let's see if this certification will get me some more business... :

The differences between 7 and 8 appear to be relatively trivial. If you can pass one FileMaker certification test, you can probably pass any other, and I think (or am guessing) there would be few, if any, modifications of the test in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I too passed the FMP7 Certification exam and they made us promise numerous times that we wouldn't say anything, but yet I sat a table at DevCon with FileMaker employees which were much more open about it than I ever thought they would be.

The cert exam is much different that the old Partner Profiency exam. There are a number of questions which will test numerous pieces at once. You will definately need to know the FMP7 specs cold: number of users via ODBC, Web, IWP, FMP, etc. Note the differences in the way these specs are written, there's a couple of questions that will make you say (who cares), but you will if you want to pass.

Bob Bowers/ Steve Lanes book in my opinion is the best pre-test single book to read. If you threw in Steven Blackwell's bookon security you will likely do fine. Note that with the exception of Blackwell's book,most meterial is helping you program in FMP7, make sure you do enough reading on tweaking the settings in FMP7 Server.

Hope this helps...

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Transpower!

As you, I wish the customers and FMI themself will recognize the value of this impartial certification given by thompson-Prometric.

I also hope that the FileMaker Solution Alliance will include a real quality control like this exam in the future...

This topic is 6719 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.