Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Auto Calc

This topic is 6823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a filemaker 6 database. I have been using calculated values for several date fields. All has been well, but now some dates are way off some are right. I am taking a user inputed date and adding 364 for one(it has never failed.) The next two always fail together calculted off the same field as the other(Approval Date). The two fields add 350 or 400 and must be in date form. They come out in date form just not the right year some time 2003, 2004,2006 but rarely 2005 like they should be. I can not see what is wrong why one is working add the others are not all are calc. off the same field. Any sugestion would be very helpful.

Here are the exact formulas i am using for each.

Expiration Date date Index, auto-enter,calculation

Expiration Date= Approval Date + 364 must be date format

renewal date auto-enter,calculation

renewal date=Approval Date+350 must be date format

termination date 2 auto-enter,calculation

termination date 2= Approval Date+400

must be date format

Have any Approval Dates been changed after their first entry? Auto-enter calculations do not update if a referenced field is modified. Is Approval Date auto-entered or manually entered?

Can you zip and attach a sample of your file that contains only problem records?

I tested your formuals and they work just fine.

Keep in mind that a standard date field with an auto-enter calculation is static once the field has data in it - they will not change automatically.

You have to clear the field before changing the approval date to have it re-enter the new calculated date.

You might use unstored calcuation date fields that will recalculate whenever the approval date is changed.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.