syncronizing relationships

This topic is 8416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok.. this is a toughy and i doubt it can be done, but hey, you dont know until you ask, right?

so i have two portals on a page.. both using the same relationship, but showing different fields in each one.. don't ask why, its hard to explain.

now what i want to know.. is.. is it possible to have them syncronize... like if i select the 3rd portal row in the first portal the second portal with show data from the 3rd portal row. (did i forget to mention that the 2nd portal on the page only shows one row at a time).. i got something similar to work with a script.. but i didnt much like the way it worked.. wasnt very good..

Yes, the secret is not to use the same relationship. You don't need a second portal with a single row. Create a second reationship with the second file based upon a global field in your main file. Place the desired related field (based upon this new relationship) in place of the second portal. When you click on a row in the first portal, run a script that sets the global field to the record number (or whatever you need to select the single related record).

-bd

This topic is 8416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.