Filemaker on a linux sever?

audio4k

This topic is 8332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is it possible to have filemaker functionality on a linux based server? My current hosting provider is linux based and I would like to add a filemaker database to my page. If anyone has any knowledge of this process (if possible) I would appreciate it.

------------------

Thanks for your time,

Talk you soon

Barry

quote:

Originally posted by audio4k:

Is it possible to have filemaker functionality on a linux based server? My current hosting provider is linux based and I would like to add a filemaker database to my page.

Well since Filemaker is a Windows and MacOS application, you will need to run it on either a Windows or a MacOS machine.

Thoughtfully Filemaker included web serving capabilities in thier Web Companion plugin. So as long as you have a machine with a static IP address and the Win/MacOS operating system you can host your databases to the web.

Just set everything up on your machine and you are good to go.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• Newbies

Thoughtfully Filemaker included web serving capabilities in thier Web Companion plugin. So as long as you have a machine with a static IP address and the Win/MacOS operating system you can host your databases to the web.

Are you talking about the server side as having a static IP and being Win/Mac OS, or the browser side.

Sorry I am new to this web database implementation.

------------------

Thanks for your time,

Talk you soon

Barry

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by audio4k:

Are you talking about the server side as having a static IP and being Win/Mac OS, or the browser side.

The server side is all that needs the static IP address on a Mac or Windows platform. The client accesses via some kind of web browser, platform is irrelevant.

This topic is 8332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.