I really need help on these

This topic is 8306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

THESE IS A POST I MADE DAYS AGO AND STILL HAVENT GOT ANY ANSWER. PLEASE CHECK IT OUT:

ehhh, I think I didnt explain my self enogh because the problem is not so dificult. maybe it isnt a filemaker feature, so its going to be solve using a loop script or something.

ok. i have 2 db's. the first one with a bunch of ids and each id have a number related to it in a field called..... "acount". the second db have the same fields (id and acount) but id marks the relationship bewten the two dbs, so when I insert an id it automaticlly ask the first db for the "acount" value.

What I want its to make a sumatory of all the "acount" values IN THE SECOND DATABASE, but when I create a summary field, related fields like "acount" DOES NOT APPEAR.

Because these, the only way I can add all the values is too loop the database and "insert a calculated value". I dont like these cuz its slow and it shouldnt be these way.

Help me if you can. Thanks at least for reading these and sorry about the spelling but I speak spanish normally.

Sorry, all of the FM Forums administrators were a FM Devcon in Orlando last week. To sum up a series of records in the related file you need to create a calculated field in your main file. The calculated field is defined as:

Total (calculation, number) =

Sum(Relationship::Related Field)

This will total ALL of the related records, so the found set in the related file makes no difference with this method. The records totaled is determined by the set of related records for the record you are on in your main file.

-bd

This topic is 8306 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.