Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Where are my layout fields?

Alisun

This topic is 6716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello! I hope that I'm posting in the right area. I set up all my fields in Define Database, but cannot see them, neither in Layout or Browse Mode. I put a lot of work into defining the fields, but am not able to view any of them. It looks like I have a BLANK database. Where are my fields? Help!

Alisun

Well, you DO have a blank database until you create a record. Not to worry ... your field definitions are still there. I think you just may need data.

I don't know the type of layout you are viewing. In fact, we have no information to go on but try this: Create a new layout (form), select all your fields to place on the layout. Then go to Browse mode and create a new record.

If you could attach a screen shot GIF it would help us see what you're doing also. Or attach your file. But try creating a new layout and a few records first and let us know what happens. We'll help you through it. :wink2:

LaRetta

LaRetta

Thank you! I'm at a medical center, setting up three health related databases. I'm a beginner at FileMaker Pro., so I am very grateful that there's a community of FMP members here who can help eachother out!

This was exactly what I needed to do: "Create a new layout (form), select all your fields to place on the layout. Then go to Browse mode and create a new record."

It worked! Thanks for your help!

Alisun

This topic is 6716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.