Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Display Problem Horizontal Shifting

This topic is 6713 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello folks,

I've published a large solution using FMP7SA along with FMP8 Server on an XServeG5. My clients use IE 6.x windows XP SP2. The problem I am seeing is that at times IE displays 10 records of data but shifts lines horizontally so that they overlap. Not user interaction solves this problem. They log back in and everything works fine. Only 2 or 3 users of 50 seem affected and the 2 or 3 can be any of the 50. Has anyone else seen a situation where IE displays the data screwy for no apparent reason. I can't even recreate this even if I try...

Cheers.

Have IE empty all the cache files, quit it, and try again. When I'm developing JavaScript and testing IE I see the same problems.

IE caches JavaScript but does not properly check the host for updates to .js files. FileMaker relies on a lot of JavaScript to get things done, and it is dynamic.

Another thing to try: resize the window and see if things are still screwed up the same way. If the window is maximized, try un-maximizing it and then expanding it manually. Many web browser's interpretation of HTML/CSS is not 100% consistent, a small error in the code can cause the browser to react differently at different times (it becomes non-deterministic).

This topic is 6713 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.